The History of 1 Dodsons Street
The oldest commercial building in Marlborough originally served as a Malthouse for the brewery established in 1858 by Henry Dodson, who was joined by Henry Adam Ball.
The business was conducted under the name of Dodson and Ball.
In 1873 Adam Ball sold his shares in the business to Henry Dodson and the brewery was renamed “The Wairau Brewery”. The brewery continued in the Dodson family until 1915, producing a yearly output of 700 hogsheads, equivalent to 151,200 litres.
1915 Edward Ball Brewery
1921 Marlborough Brewing Company
1946 Kain Brewing Company
1954 Coker & Mills Ice Cream Factory
1971 Rose & Jim Food Distributors
1987 Grove Mill Winery & Restaurant
1992 Marlborough Brewing Company
1994 Whitehaven Winery & Restaurant
2005 Renaissance Brewing Company
2012 Dodson Street Beer Garden
Dodson Street Beer Garden proudly presents one of the largest selection of craft beers and ciders on tap in New Zealand.
More key features are Authentic German Cuisne, great pizza selection, New Zealand Classics, Gluten-free and vegetarian friendly, BYO friendly.
Dodson Street is the Original Real Ale House of Marlborough and only independent craft beer specialist in Marlborough.
Dodson Street Beer Garden – Is now a Renaissance Brew Pub Located next to Brewery where you can see Craft Beer being brewed.